San Francisco, California
November 12th – 15th, 2013
Synthetics. New ideas to old problems. Wearable art. Creative treatment solutions. Evolving installations. Collaborations with contemporary artists. These are some of the topics that will be addressed in two days of papers and posters presented in the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park for the 9th biennial North American Textile Conservation Conference. All papers will be simultaneously translated between English and Spanish.
Two days of workshops will precede the presentations:
- Aqueous Cleaning Techniques with Richard Wolbers
- Fiber Identification with Denyse Montague
- Fosshape Mannequin Fabrication with Shelly Uhlir
- Shibori Dyeing Techniques with Ana Lisa Hedstrom
- Ribbon and Fabric Embellishment Techniques with Candace Kling
The opening reception will take place in the Jackson Square District hosted by Peter Pap Oriental Rugs, the Lotus gallery, and Arader Galleries. The closing gala will be held at the Asian Art Museum.
Following the conference, two additional tours will be offered: a cultural adventure throughout the East Bay and a tour of the Levi Strauss & Co Archives.